5 Things You Should Be Doing on Facebook
If you are a Rising Star and looking to make it big, then it is very important that you are active on Social Media. We will cover several different channels, but this blog post will focus on what you should be doing on Facebook to help boost your presence and get your name out there.
- Make sure you have a Facebook Page. You don’t just want to use your own personal Facebook profile to share your music, but create a Facebook Page. A Facebook profile will hinder you in the future as it only allows you to have a maximum of 5,000 friends plus there are features that a Page has that a profile won’t. (We’ll discuss these in a minute). Click here to read step by steps on how to create your Facebook Page.
- Post often. You have a page, but don’t leave it blank. It’s time to start posting and sharing. A good goal to start out with is posting to your Facebook Page at least three times a week. By posting often, the more you’ll get yourself and your music in front of fans and potential new fans.
- Share Videos. They don’t have to be professional videos, but Facebook takes a preference to showing your Facebook posts that include videos to your followers. And since you are a musician, you’ll definitely want to get good at this. Set up a Go Pro in a room in your house or even an easy spot to put your iPhone and record those videos.
- Add Personality. Your page doesn’t just have to be about your music. Make sure you are sharing personal posts to get your fans to know more about you. This will give them some behind the insights that will make them fall in love with your music even more.
- Advertise. Once you start to get consistent and comfortable posting, it’s time to test out advertising. Advertising is something that you are only going to be able to do on a Facebook Page not on a Profile Page. You don’t have to spend a lot of money to advertise (think as little as $20/month) but it will help get your posts and your page in front of more potential fans. Click here to read the beginners guide to Facebook Advertising.
BONUS TIP: Facebook Live is another fun feature that you have available to you at your fingertips. Facebook Live allows you to record what you are doing in real-time. You could perform for anyone, anywhere at any time by using Facebook Live. Click here to read how to Facebook Live.
We hope you enjoyed our first tip for all you Rising Stars on how you can use Facebook to help boost your music. Stay tuned for our next tip focused on how to help you!